MUMBAI-GOA CYCLE EXPEDITION 2010.
A journey full of adventure and thrills. . . . . . .
Come and join ‘Outdoor Adventures’ on much awaited event of the year. . . . . ‘7days cycling to Goa by coastal route’
Get set go: 3rd December 2010
Get in Goa: 10th December 2010.
We will be taking halts in village schools or at villager’s house. . . we are also carrying tents just in case of non availability of such place.
Considering winter season we request you to carry sleeping bag and carry mat.
Vegetarian food will be served along with morning and evening tea and refreshments for 7 days of cycling.
(ie. food expenses in Goa have not been included in the tour package.)
To make ride hassle free and more enjoyable, we have arranged a small truck to carry our entire luggage and tents. The same truck will bring our cycles back to Mumbai. We will be carrying basic medical kit and cycle repair kit in case of emergency.
Riding bicycle on long route is not every one's cup of tea, riding 680 Kms continuously for 7 days will test one’s stamina, endurance and strength thus we will be conducting three practice sessions before selecting a final team for the expedition.
You should also comply with medical and physical fitness requirement mentioned in the registration form.
The training session will start 1 month before the actual journey.
Most of the practice sessions will be held on weekend to expect more participants for practise.
1st stage practice
Date: 31st October
Route: Dadar –Karnala – Dadar
Duration: 1 day
Meeting point : shivaji park Dadar at 6:30 am
Distance: 110 kms
Time: 7-8 hours
2nd stage practice
Date: 14th November
Route: Dadar – Alibaug (Rewas jetty)
Duration: 1 day
Meeting point: Shivaji Park, Dadar at 6:30 am
Distance: 105 kms
Time: 7-8 hours
Special lecture on ‘Long distance cycling’ (date and venue to be decided)
In these lectures we will discuss important topics like
1. How to increase stamina while practising for long distance cycling (knowing your cycling speed with mind control test)
2. Know more about the anatomy of the biycycle - its repairs and maintenance
3. Safety precautions while riding the bike on the hills and mountains.
4. Team coordination and its importance
5. Physical Exercises for pre-event and while cycling on the tour.
6. Knowing your team leader and the team
7. Basic first aid for your safety.
8. Knowing more about maintaining psychological balance while actual ride.
9. Rules and regulation understanding for enjoyable journey.
10. Understanding route map.
3rd stage practice
Date: 27,28th November
Route: Dadar – Khopoli – Pali – Wakan – Vadkhal – Panvel – Dadar.
Duration: 2 days
Meeting point: Shivaji park, Dadar at 6:30 am
Distance: 238 Kms
Time: 8-9 hours daily
Such long distance cycling trips demands daily practice thus our volunteers will be practicing for at least 1 hr every day morning. we also request you to join us every morning which will help to build stamina.
The cost per cyclist would be Rs 8,000/- INR ( Includes the Registration Fees)
Things to carry:
1. Cycle in good condition and with carrier
2. Sleeping bag
3. Carry mat.
4. Sufficient cloths for 8days
5. Water bottles (electoral)
6. Cycling Helmet
8. Camera (optional)
9. Woolen cloths
10. Specific medicines
Hurry limited seats. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
For further details contact:
Aniruddha: +91 9619895503
Prathamesh: +91 9769731898
Rahul: +91 9004023220