Indian Cyclists Network

I own BSA MACH-1. Its a non-geared bicycle. Now I want to add gears to it. 

Please suggest how many gears would be appropriate.

A bicycle shop owner suggested starlit gears. How is the performance or should I go for Shimano?

Sunil Dingankar

Views: 3754

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Attached here are the images of Dual levers and their different positions. 

Here's the shifting sequence:

1. Left: Tight; Right: Tight (1). This is the lowest gear, underdrive on the wide range setting.
  2. Left: Loose; Right: Tight (1). This is the second lowest gear, underdrive on the narrow range setting.
  3. Left: doesn't matter; Right: middle position (2). This is direct drive, so it doesn't matter whether wide or narrow range is selected with the left lever.
  4. Left: Loose; Right: Loose (3). This is the second highest gear, overdrive on the narrow range setting.
  5. Left: Tight; Right: Loose (3). This is the highest gear, overdrive on the wide range setting.

Shifting the right lever/trigger is the same as a 3-speed, can be done while pedaling, coasting or even pedaling backward.

Shifting the left lever works most smoothly if you keep pedalaing forward (gently) while shifting.

Attachments:

You can go with STARLIT because it is an Indian brand & if you feel any problem so you can contact us by e-mail on Marketing@sparkeng.in

need to know how did u do the set up of adjusting the gears.

a friend is having problem has he his not getting the right ratio

how is the ride with the gears

thx

9820637299-roshan

Agreed with saurabh , not a gud decision to add gear to a non geared bike.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service