Indian Cyclists Network

Hi, 

Can some please suggest a bike under 10 k. My height is 5.9 and weight 71kgs. I'll be mostly riding it in the city (Pune) with out of city rides once is a while.

Thanks,

r i z.

Views: 4083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ffox road runner

thanks for the recco Devashish..I just went to a cycle shop and tried roadrunner..did not like the riding experience at all...

I saw Trek 3500 at 17k at the same shop. Tried it and liked it a lot. So though it is an Mountain Bike, would you recommend it for my requirement (city driving with mount / terrain trip once in a while ?)

Hi,

Check out the Hero Thunder MTB. it is an aluminum bike so rigid and light. it has 18 speed and the best part is the price which is under 7,000/-

Have around 6 of them in our group and is excellent value for money.

Regards

Piran

I agree about the Thunder MTB. I find it great. Mine is now a single speed fixed gear and I never tire of riding it. Only thing is that it does not love being ridden very fast. Its a very stable frame and with 1.75 tires I can ride it with abandon and not worry about the road surface.

If roads are good , you may use BSA mac 6 . You may look at act 110 plus too but would be small for your height.

Look at trek 7.1 fx if you can streach your budget.

I bought Schwinn Frontier Sport about 6 months ago for about 12.5k (little over your budget). My height is 5.9 and weight 80kg. The bicycle is pretty sturdy, lightweight MTB and I am very comfortable riding it. I use it to go to office on alternate days about 10km one way. I have had no major issues with this cycle in last 6 months. I even participated in Enduro3 race with it.

Note: Even I had gone to shop for bicycle under 10k and was planning to buy Firefox. But because of unavailability of Firefox I bought Schwinn. :-)
LA Sovereign's Jumper Bike for Rs 11000.It'z an awsum bike.

thanks Onkar for your valuable suggestion. I'll definitely try Schwinn Frontier sport and let you know.

Siddhant - I tried LA Sovereiign's Navigator yesterday but was not impressed. I'll see if I can try jumper. Thanks !

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service