Indian Cyclists Network

Hi Guys,

I am Prashant from Kochi. I am 79 kg and 173 cm in height. I was planning to buy a hybrid bike to commute 20-30 km. After reading a lot of threads i am confused as to which bike to buy. 

I understand that a trail focused hybrid would be the best choice, since the roads are very bad and narrow tires are not going to last long, but i am not sure which bikes are good.

Following are the list of bikes i have narrowed down (they are not trail focused hybrids alone).

1) Raleigh Misceo: not sure about this bike as this has very narrow tires and Raleigh seems not very reliable based on reviews, but i really liked the lockout feature, and they have Alivio RD.

2) Btwin Riverside 3

3) Montra Blues 1.1

4) Schwinn Super Sport 3

5) Schwinn sporterra

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If this is the Raleigh that is being sold by Suncross bicycles, then ignore it. If it the original Raleigh, then it's worth taking a look.
None of the bikes listed are meant for trail riding.
Components aside, you need a bike that is reliable.
May I suggest taking a look at Merida Crossway 20MD and Giant Roam 3.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a lot for the info.

I am currently restricted to buying from the TrackAndTrail series or from Decathalon.

The brands are :

Schwinn

Canondale 

Montra

Bianchi

Mongoose 

GT and btwin

also are road focused hybrids really that unreliable on rough roads, i meant roads with a lot of potholes. 

Since Schwinn and Cannondale are in your budget, you can safely strike off Btwin, Bianchi and Montra.
I have no idea if you are able to get a hybrid by GT, since it is not visible on the Track&Trail site.
Mongoose and GT are good brands.
In general, 35mm tyres are able to handle the common pot-hole.
Is it possible to acquire someone else's hybrid bike in your area and take it for a ride?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service