Indian Cyclists Network

Frantically looking for green, open trails in Delhi. Can anyone help? Here are a few I have found, but have little or close to negligible knowledge on them:

1. Yamuna Bridge - This is supposedly a small downhill trail from the Nizamuddin bridge and ot into the open fields...but where does one come up from...?

2. Okhla Barrage - Okay, I have just seen the main road there n the long stretch of water. How do I reach the bird sanctuary/barrage from South Delhi? :( Wud like to go there by car, park it somewhere, and then take trail along the water bdy...

3. Ridge - Is it not advisable for biking? Does it give a lot of flats due to the thorny shrub?

4. Greater Noida - Any clues where to go except for the 25 km expressway? Are we by the way allowed to bike on that expressway?

5. Humayun's Tomb - The famous, famous biking stretch. Any advice on where to start and where to end?

6. Purana Qila - Is there a bike trail near this or the zoo area?

7. Old Delhi - Wud love to ride there but the crowd and the gullies make me nervous! Any expert recommendations?

8. Is there any nice stretch near the RML hospital, Chanakyapuri, Mansingh road, Delhi cantt area...?

Views: 2664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok. there is one where we generally go every sunday. it has everything.. GURGAON to FARIDABAD.. it's a hilly road good amount of ups n downs with one GATA LOOP where you are in your lightest gear.. good track less amount of traffic, excelent for those who are preparing for Himalaya rides.. like us... total distance from GGN to Faridabad Badkal lake.. is more than 30 Km(one side)
oh perfect! is it the same faridbad rd starting from sikanderpur chowk? can i take it from anywhere else...i m thinking since icm in frm sth delhi, maybe i can join tht road midway frm smwhr near chhatarpur or andheri mor...or further ahead on the m.g. rd...?
Yes u got it right the road starts from Sikanderpur Chowk but i dn't have much idea from where you can join that road as we always started it from Sikanderpur.. what i can do i can ask it to my friend and will let you know..
Faridabad :) is my town...

Welcome to my Hometown :)//
10q Kamal! will catch up with u once thr.
Hmm. Hi Tulika.. Well you can also come to chandigarh.. hehe. wehave the widest of roads and controlled traffic. A heaven for cyclists apart from many green trails neearby... Btw, I am new to cyclists.in. Which bike do you have?
Hi

I have a few addition in the south and south east region...

Visit my blog http://www.traveltravailsandheck.blogspot.com/ for details...
Wow Anand, that really helped. I am such a beginner so doing a long ride still scares me :) I think we saw each other at India Gate on 30th but didnt realize we were there for the same ride. I will try and coordinate with you one day for the morning ride; I usually go towards India Gate for the ride...
Recco : From the road running along the Tuglakabad Fort (near the Airforce station area), take a right towards Suraj Kund. Winding road off the Sports Authority of India - SAI, Shooting Range via a run-down Sanctuary of some kind... towards Faridabad - lets you come upon the Suraj Kund area. Ride up right uptill the Kund or ride down to the gate on the other end of the Suraj Kund Complex.
Ride to and fro on the entire stretch, early morning is great. Almost no traffic. Winding & ample up-down road track this one. Greens on either side.
For off-road hit the dirt hills before you reach the Suraj Kund complex off the road, towards your right (while riding in from the Tuglakabad fort side of the route). Good for trying out a few moves if you on a MTB but keep to the road if on a City or a Hybrid.
Usually do this stretch and longer on Sundays.
Wow this really helped. Thanks a ton!!
or u can jus take a train pack ur bike n come to mumbai here u wil find lots of safe adventures green trails n rides happening n good riders to ride alng ne given time :)
hI TULIKA,

I spoke with one my friend who goes long distance running every saturday. He is an austrian who has completed more than 200 runs in delhi. I asked him abt his experience. He suggested Sanjay van between qutab institutional area and mehraulli. He has also suggested trail from Toll plaza, to vasant vihar through ridge area. This trail has entry thru Ambience Mall.

Hope someone else has some more info. Would love to try sanjay van sometime.

Vijyant

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service