Indian Cyclists Network

Interested in Weekend Rides starting early morning to beat the daytime heat

Hi! I have bugging lot of people wanting information as I wanted to buy a bike here. I had an Atlas goldline in school. Grew up to a Hero Jet (Doodhwala style). Got a used Hero Hawk and rode it to hell n back in Ahmedabad. Unfortunately my dad sold it when I moved to Mumbai. I went to Princess Street as suggested by folks here and got myself a Hero Ranger to start with. I have been cycling from Kandivali Lokhandwala where I live on WEH - Aarey Powai Check Naka, Dahisar Check Post, Vile Parle on sundays early in the morning. I went to National Park this sunday but entry was denied. I had to wait till 7:30 to get in so turned around.

I want to join the weekend rides so can I have the number of someone who is coordinating so that I can call. Also would like to come down for CM if it happens on weekends and meet Renny/Makarand/Anoop/Nishant and other heroes who I read about on the site! Do keep me posted.

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reaching Shivaji Park is an issue in sweltering heat. But will try it this time.
I will try to join this month on the last saturday. What time would it be? Count me in .. It would be gr8 if we could all travel in a group to make the most impact.
Hi What kinds of rides do you do? Every Saturday and sunday, I ride between Charkop and either Bandra, or Aarey colony or Thane, except if there is a group ride.
I have done Aarey ride couple of times on sunday morning. I want to ride in SGNP this sunday. Would you like to join? Also if there is someone who has info on cycling trails inside the park it would be gr8
I would prefer road cycling.

Riding to Bandra tomorrow
Hi Utpal. As far as i know, there are two major routes in SGNP. One that goes from the gate to Kanheri caves (entirely tarmac) and the Shilonda route. The Shilonda route is an off-road trail, which goes into the jungle. Great route. should try it out. Just a precaution. The park closes at 6.30 pm. Do not attempt this route in the late evenings. The forest guards are on round up duty and if they find you on the shilonda route in the evening during closing time, they'll try to fleece you.
i went to Kanheri Caves and back and it was a good ride though bit tiring due to heat. Am woried about flat tyres if riding on jungle trail. Maybe couple of people can go together and that would eliminate other risks too. Lets plan something whenever u hv time.
Hi Utpal, even i wud have faced the same prob at National park, fortunately anoop told me in advance about the timings, though he did not turn up as decided ;)

i met abhishek & Mayank separately on the way to Kanheri Caves (spell chk needed). They both reside in borivali & are also keep to go on weekend rides nearby. I will also be intrested in such rides provided i am off on the day. Call me on 98196-73120 if u planning any trips nearby... the gorai belt is also fantastic & peaceful...
i went to Kanheri Caves and back and it was a good ride though bit tiring due to heat. Am woried about flat tyres if riding on jungle trail. Maybe couple of people can go together and that would eliminate other risks too. Lets plan something whenever u hv time. Let me knw when u want to do Gorai .. I am game. Also Madh-Marve would be good I guess
Let me know when you plan something on this side of the city. It will be very far for you guys too!
Hey Guys,

I stay in Vile Parle (E) and I would also be intereted to join these morning weekend rides..

Ash
miss u

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service