Indian Cyclists Network

hi,i m new to pune and 'hbby biking'.  i need to buy a road bike, any suggetions for a starter? i have seen various bikes ( 1homas, 1 LA bike), but which to go for? which are good for indian roads? i do not wish to put in more than 15-20k Rs.. how about second hand bikes?
Also, area there any criteria to choose such bikes apart from height?
Thanks for the help.
-adi

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FOMAS is a decent road bike within your budget.

Check out this link on the site with the pic/price - http://www.cyclists.in/photo/fomas-road-king-delux?context=user

Faisal (who posted the pic) is an Authorised dealer. You can contact him for further details and tech-specs.
thanks for the reply amit... but is there any shop in pune for fomas? also how good is its quality? previously i hvave had some bad experience with potholes (but that was with simpler bike though)..I am not able to assess its endurance against indian roads...also how good is he quality of its gears?
also while negotiating cracks/joints in the road (as they are on cemented roads where segments join) does the racer bike tyre tend to skid away while crossing them?.. my main intention is long rides?
Mumbai : Hi !! Im talking to to Hero for buying cycles if they are willing to give us a steal deal. Do let me know if you would be interested so that we can do collective bargaining.
Regards
Rittesh (Mob : +919223210222)
hi RITTESH HAVE YOU PURCHASED THE CYCLE OR YOU ARE ABOUT TO PURCHASE THE CYCLE.dO LET ME KNOW AS EVEN I WANTED TO PURCHASE THE ROAD BIKE.
hi RITTESH HAVE YOU PURCHASED THE CYCLE OR YOU ARE ABOUT TO PURCHASE THE CYCLE.dO LET ME KNOW AS EVEN I WANTED TO PURCHASE THE ROAD BIKE.
Hi
I'm interested. When did u buy this. A new Trek 3700 costs about 18K. I hope you've a fairly nw one.
hey dude u coming to mumbai.
we spoke last week.
sankalp
You should find on Internet some texts about bike fitting. Size of the bike is only the first step, what is very important is that final geometry (saddle position, stem length, handlebar angle) corresponds to your body necessities.

Ciao :)
can you give some examples of or some sites that can give some geometrical corresponds
Here you can find a list of some fitting method, but there's always but :)
All methods are very technical while every human body is different. What sometimes plays major role is experience of the person which is helping you. For example, one guy I know in Holland doesn't know any of these theories, but he has lot of experience, and a great eye, and for this reason he's probably busiest fitter in South Holland.
But, for starters I can give you one elementary advice: When you fit your bike, don't make current mistake to decide your position so that you can reach the ground with your foot while seated. It can seem banal, but many people do it, and it has nothing to do with position that you keep for the most time while riding.
Ciao.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service