Am trying to cut down on my bike crap - I've realized there is no real reason for me to have 2 road bikes in the Andamans. I'd rather get a cheap carbon frame and leave it in Bangalore for BBCh races from next year.
So my BMC Streetfire is for sale.
- BMC Streetfire
- Size L
- Full Rival groupset
- 50/34 compact front crank
- 90mm Alpha Q stem
- Easton handlebars
- Purchased in Aug 2009 from CC and assembled by me
- Approx 3000km on this, of which 1000km is on a trainer
- Fi'zik saddle (I'll throw in a Bontrager RXL saddle for free with the bike)
- Mavic Open Pro / Shimano 105 handbuilt wheels (32 holes) - not the lightest but very sturdy and reliable for day to day riding.
No pedals. If you want, I can toss in a pair of Time Atac pedals w/ cleats (used once, didnt agree with my knees) for Rs 1000. I can also put in a 100mm stem, if you want.
- Seat tube c-t: 52.4 (it's a compact frame - it is roughly equivalent to a size 56 traditional geometry)
- Top tube: 56.5
- Seat angle: 73.6
- Head tube angle: 73.5
- Head tube length: 17.5
This is a very nimble and agile geometry. Size is suitable for 5'10 - 6'1" as configured.
I have come off the bike twice, so there may be small cosmetic scratches on the frameset (I'll check carefully and post photos, if needed). However, the frame and fork are perfectly sound - I have 1000km on the bike since the last crash. Everything works fine but you may want to change the bar-tape, as it is getting a little dirty.
Price: Rs 45,000 + shipping. I can deliver it to Bombay, Calcutta or Chennai on Oct 10-12, if you want.
Alternatively, you can have just the frameset for Rs 15,000 and build it up with your choice of components (Bonty saddle is included with the frameset)
Pls email me at vk at vanditkalia dot com (do not reply to this address, as I dont check email