Indian Cyclists Network

Sunday 5th April 2009 RIDE to Yeoor Hills

I have been riding to Thane for some time now. I was wondering if we could have a group ride to Yeoor hills. Renny, your idea taking shape. I was speaking to Kaushik a few days back, and we thought, lets ride from Kandivili to Yeoor Hills. We were going to do this ride last Sunday, but I remembered Renny's suggestion of doing this ride on 4th or 5th of April. So, we postponed it.

The ride to Thane and back follows this route: -

Charkop- Poisar- S. V. Road- Borivali flyover connector to Borivali East- Western Express Highway- Dahisar Check Naka- Ghodbunder Road (just before reaching the Vasai Creek)- Thane.

We turn around from some distance after crossing Tikuji Ni Wadi. Distance from Charkop comes to 30 km. If we go on past to Yeoor Hills, distance will be about 15 km (I guess) more. The Yeoor hills, Renny tells me, is quite a climb. Entirely tarmac (which to me, is a relief).

I am going to do this ride on Sunday. If anybody cares to join, welcome.

Kaushik, and Renny, are you in? Anybody else?

For those coming from Borivali and the surroundings,

Meet at: Borivali National Park Gate (Sanjay Gandhi National Park) gate
Meet time: 6:30 AM.
Ride starts: 6:45 AM.
Route: Western Express Highway- past Dahisar Check Naka-regroup at Fountain Hotel- Turn right towards Ghodbunder Road- regroup at Manpada Signal- turn right and head past Hiranandani Meadows to Yeoor Hills.
Reach Yeoor: 7:45 AM.

Suggestions:
- Carry a lot of water and carry electral
- Wear full sleeves for protection from the Sun on the return journey
- Of course, wear a helmet
- Oil your bike chain. You will need full support of your bike for the climb
- Double check your brakes.

In case you need to get in touch, my contact no (Prabuddha) is 98 673 14 310.

Views: 3570

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS!
What a ride! Easily my toughest till date. Riding in the noon sun brought in a whole new angle to this ride. Must say Gulshan a newbie was most impressive. We got home at 2 PM. More from Kaushik.
Oh I really wonder weather we enjoy cycling or screwing ourselves up..... orrr probably both :P The ride in this hot sun was grueling!!!! But enjoyed every bit of it esp. the climb terrific.

Although I'm more so happy because of Gulshan - Gulli. He was tested & he did great & both sides of the ride. He was completely drained & hit the wall but he kept going slowly & finished the ride. he's quite content with what he's done.... but he still is a bit apprehensive about cycling...as in.. "may be Im doing good as its just the start...cant say weather i'll be able to sustain it???" but he's game for another sunday so I'm positive that I'll have a convert soon. :P

No doubt that it was a really tough ride but at the end I loved every thing about it the Climb & the sun... it made the ride perfect for testing our own self.
What was the total mileage of this ride and what time did you start?
We started off at 6.15 from our place.... the total on prabu's was 80km... but me & Gulli clocked less as prabu had taken a worn turn which may have added 3-4 kms.
Oh my God...I have missed on so much of action..missed April 5th ride :( Guys kudos to all for such amazing and gruelling ride ...Hope my travelling spree ends soon... Will surely join the next ride... I have missed TOO much now!!!
Hey, I just realised, we did not have a single girl on this ride.
Just went through the photos. Nice. The slightly underexposed look of the first few snaps makes the place look so cool and nice. :)

I would be very surprised if someone posted a pic of the climb.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service