Indian Cyclists Network

For sale (starting March 1) is a beautiful retro road bike based on the lightest steel frame ever made by Ernesto Colnago. The frame has an art decor painting. Please see pictures here.

NOTE: pedals are NOT for sale. The bike is sold without pedals.

Frame size is 56 cm. There are scratches on the painting here and there, but there are no dings.

Some components also have sctratches, but functionally the bike is ready to go. I'm riding it every day. The only service that it needs is to change cones in the rear hub. The cones are standard and easy to find.

Components: 

- ITM handlebar w/ Willier tape

- Nitto Dynamic stem 80 mm

- 3T seatpost

- Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow saddle

- FSA headset

- Campagnolo bottom bracket (square) 

- Campagnolo brakes and brake levers

- Miche chainrings (54/42) and cranks (pedals are NOT included)

- Campagnolo Record fron derail

- Shimano 600 rear derail and cassette (6 speed)

- front wheel: Gipiemme w/ Capmagnolo hub

- rear wheel: FIR w/ Campagnolo hub

- Shimano 105 trigger shifters

The bike is now in Arambol, Goa. The only option is to pick it up here. You can have a perfect bike trip if you come over and ride the bike back to, say, Mumbai.

I also have a good sturdy bike bag, and so using transport is also an option. 

I'm planning to ride the bike a little more and offer it for sale in March. But in case you want to buy it and are under time constraints, February is also an option.

Prices:

- bike - SOLD 

- 5 000 Rs for bag

The prices are negotiable. 

Views: 1970

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your comment. I 'm not a greedy person, I just don't know prices in India.

I removed the price from the post.

Anyway, I'm sure a new bike with equal stiffness, responsiveness and weight would cost a lot.

What is an ideal price for this bike?

If it fits the budget, I am interested.

I initially suggested a negotiable price of 30K but Rakesh wrote it was too high and I trust him :) Can you please send me your best offer in a private mail? I sent you a friend request. 

Beautiful steel ride!!! I was in Arambol just over the last weekend and had I known, I would've loved to at least met you and taken a gander (possibly a short ride? :)) at it. This one certainly deserves a good home. Out of curiosity Peter, where did you get it and where all have you ridden it?

I brought the bike to Goa from Moscow. I purchased the frame & fork from the stock of the Russian national cycling team. It's been used for a couple of seasons for training in Moscow and then spent about five years on a shelf.

Let me know if you'll be around Arambol again.

still available? what price?

if yes pls mail me your details at punitrk@gmail.com

That is so beautiful. The only thing I would change (its just me, heh heh) is the straight fork- as with all Colangos :D.

By the way, if you ask me, 30k is a nice price for this bike. The rd, fd and the dt shifters look fine. The brake callipers are also clean. There is a lot of Campy and even Nitto and ITM thrown in.

If I did not already have two steel bikes, I might have bid for this one.

The setup has changed slightly: shifters, cassette and rear derail now are 6 speed Shimano. Indexing has become perfect!!! 

The bike is sold.

The bike bag and stationary shrader/presta aluminium pump are still available.

HI,

I am interested in bag as well as air pump.

Regards,

Nachiket

hi Peter, bike reached mumbai safely!! glad to finally meet you! just love the bike! it's one piece of beauty.

would look forward to your next trip to India! regards!

p.s. thnks to this forum, i got a chance to buy my first road bike (colnago as a first road bike? not bad eh :), that too after traveling all the way to Goa for it!!

May it serve you long and good, Jen. Ride safely, take good care of the bike, and ENJOY )) And for my next visit, I'll try to come up with something more appropriate for the roads of North Goa...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service