Sunday saw the arrival of both Sant Shri Sant Dyaneshwar Maharaj and Sant Shri Tukaram Maharaj Palkhi's respectively in Pune City.
This year the members of ' Indo Cyclist Club ' have found a novel way out to participate with their voulnteer team as members of ' Cycle Wari '.
The propose to propogate the message of :
# Fuel Free Transportation and
# Clean Environment
through their participation in the Wari.
ICC is socio-Environmental non profitable organization basically working with aim to promote fuel free transportation in our country and aiming to spread it across borders throughout the world.
A total distance of 230 kms would be covered through the ' Cycle Wari ' enroute the Sant Tukaram Maharaj Palkhi route.
Besides environment conservation, fuel preservation, reducing noise pollution and air pollution are some of the other key issues to be highlighted by the club members.
Last year some 5-6 enthusiasts participated and conveyed their message of alternate mode of transportation through the 'W A R I S'.
Ecological balance could be able to achieved by such attempts and make better living conditions according to Club voulnteers.
Vision and Mission Document of Indian Cyclist Club (ICC)
The Indian Cyclist Club (Formerly Pimpri-Chinchwad Cycling Club/Association) is a vibrant organization in country where people can safely enjoy cycling and walking.
Their mission is to affect and support change for the country as a better place in world by Promoting cycling as an activity with significant health, social, environmental, cultural and economic benefits being a Champion (The Voice) for cycling and cyclists in INDIA.
Aims and Objectives –
1. To change public perceptions of cycling and cycling’s role within a Living City
2. To change policies and regulations for the benefit of cyclists and other sportsman.
3. To work for change the physical infrastructure on our city’s roads and public spaces.
4. To become a more effective organization with dedicated socio-environmental responsibility.
5. To promote “Cycle to Work” which would substantially reduce the pollution levels while contributing to better physical well-being of the commuters.
6. To spread a message of go green by promoting emission free equipment’s also by more & more tree plantation all over the country.
7. Use of cycles & spreading awareness throughout the nation by visiting school, colleges & companies to create policy for increasing usage of cycle within student / employees.
8. Environmental protection is an integral consideration in government policies concerning natural resources, human health, energy, transportation, agriculture, industry, and international trade, and these factors are similarly considered in establishing environmental policy.
9. Environmental protection contributes to making our communities and ecosystems diverse, sustainable and economically productive.
10. They plays a leadership role in working with other nations to protect the global environment.