NDTV (New Delhi Television) has launched Greenathon, a nationwide campaign to clean up and protect our environment. This campaign will culminate on 6th and 7th March '10 with 24-hour campaigns around the country to clean up our neighbourhoods. Apart from the clean up drives and other celebrity initiatives, we will have noted model and actor Milind Soman running 100 km within the city to create awareness about this cause. He will start running from Carter Road in Bandra (West) on 6th March at 7 pm and end the run at Yashraj Studios in Andheri (West) on 7th March at 8 pm. He will cross Gateway of India in South Mumbai and Inorbit Mall in Navi Mumbai during the run.
At various points in the city, he will stop where he will be joined by a few citizens in the run. It would be great if a team from your Cycle group would join us in this endeavour. The team can cycle along with Milind Soman between any of our numerous pit stops across town.
Following are the details of the pit stops:
1. Carter Road, Bandra West on 6th March (7:00 pm onwards) and 7th March (10:00 am to 2:00 pm)
2. Shivaji Park, Bandra West on 6th March (7:40 pm onwards)
3. Worli Seaface on 6th March (8:20 pm onwards)
4. Marine Drive (near Wilson College) on 6th March (9:20 pm onwards)
5. Gateway of India on 6th March (10:10 pm onwards)
6. Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel on 6th March (11:30 pm onwards)
7. Diamond Garden Chembur on 7th March (7:00 am onwards)
8. Inorbit Mall, Vashi on 7th March (8:20 am onwards)
9. R K Studios Chembur on 7th March (9:45 am onwards)
10. King’s Circle/Khalsa College, Matunga on 7th March (11:15 am onwards)
11. Carter Road, Bandra West on 7th March (12:30 pm onwards)
12. Juhu Chowpatty on 7th March (1:45 pm onwards)
Look forward to a favourable response, in order to make this campaign a success. Do send us a contact number and we will get in touch with you.
Thanks so much.