Don’t you have a good water bottle which you can carry while cycling around the city or going on a trek?
If not, then there is nothing to worry much about because we will be presenting the best five water bottles for cyclists here. These bottles will help you carry either RO purified water or protein shakes, both of which are important to quench your thirst and increase your metabolism for more energy.
All you have to do is choose the best water bottle for cycling from the list of products we will talk about in the forthcoming article.
Things to consider while buying a water bottle for cycling
- Capacity: The first thing you need to consider while choosing a water bottle for cycling is its capacity. Usually, the maximum water capacity of the bottles is 1L. But it can be less than this amount, like 700 mL or 800 mL according to the bottle you are choosing.
- Construction material: Before you buy a water bottle for cycling, make sure that the product is made from food-grade plastic. In addition, it should be free from BPA, which is a dangerous and life-threatening chemical intoxicant.
- Water nozzle size: You don’t want to drink water from a bottle having a narrow mouth, would you? No, and that’s why you need to buy a bottle that comes with a wider water nozzle. The larger the mouth diameter, the more will be the water flow rate.
Top 5 Best Water Bottles For Cycling
1. Spike Protein Shaker Blender Bottle
Having a capacity of around 700 ml, the protein shaker bottle from Spike is one of the perfect accessories that you can carry with you while riding on a bicycle. The bottle is made from high-quality plastic with the 5PP configuration, making it more durable and resilient to damage and heat, sudden impacts, and shocks. In addition, the plastic material with which the bottle is made is BPA free which will prevent brain damage and other health problems.
Thanks to the adjustable carrying loop, you can attach the bottle with your bike’s hook so that you can drink the protein shake any time during the ride. Furthermore, the bottle mouth is closed with a flap cover which has an airtight construction. Hence, even if the bottle is tilted or kept in a horizontal position, there won’t be any liquid leakage from the bottle. In addition, the bottle texture is also constructed in a special way to provide maximum grip.
- Comes with a shaker ball for mixing the shake ingredients
- Made from highly durable plastic material for better longevity
- Has a wide mouth design for adding ice into the bottle
- Shaker bottle volume could have been more than just 700 ml
2. InstaLite Unbreakable Sports Water Bottle
InstaLite Store has designed the perfect water bottle for the bikers going on long trekking journeys. Having a plastic body with grey colouration, the bottle looks aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. It comes with a slender and slim design which will help you in gripping the bottle easily.
As the internal water bottle volume is one litre, you won’t have to worry about water shortage. On the body of the bottle, you can see the markers for both time and liquid quantity. This will help you keep track of your water or juice intake according to the proper time setting.
The bottle is equipped with a special fruit sieve to prevent the fruit residues and fibres from blocking the mouth. Hence, you will be able to drink water without any obstruction. Furthermore, with just one click button, you can open the bottle’s mouth for the cleaning process. In addition, the drinking mouth of the bottle also comes with a large diameter for an increased flow rate of water through the mouth.
- Has a separate protein shaker ball for mixing all the ingredients
- Wide drinking mouth for higher water flow rate
- Is BPA free and hence, suitable for storing water or protein shakes
• No additional hook is present for attaching it with your bike
3. Simxen Misty Spray Water Bottle
Suppose you are looking for a stylish yet functional bike water bottle. In that case, no other product will be as appealing as the Simxen Misty Spray water bottle. The bottle is made from food-grade plastic with an inner insulation wall lining. Hence, the liquid present inside the bottle will. Remain cold provided you have added ice.
The bottle’s mouth has a flip cover design with which you can easily open and close the bottle. In addition to a drinking outlet, you will have a small spray mist mouth from where you can produce a spraying jet of water. To open the bottle, you need to push the flap design to reveal the water mouth present in the bottle.
Thanks to the silicone padding on the mouth’s interior, the bottle is airtight and leakproof. So, you don’t have to worry about your bike getting drenched in water or the liquid present inside.
- No odour will be present in the water stored inside
- Has an easy-to-handle body design for superior grip
- Is lightweight, they’re allowing you to carry anywhere
- Durability is a little less as compared to other bike water bottles
4. Btwin Trekking Cycling Water Bottle
Having a wonderful aesthetic, the water bottle will be a perfect addition for biking or trekking journeys. Right above the middle section of the bottle, there is a tapered section. With this, you can hold the bottle easily, and there is nothing to fear about this; the product accidentally slipping down your hand.
The flap design covering the entire mouth has a light green and can be opened by a little push from underneath. Thanks to the wide mouth of the water bottle, the flow rate is pretty high, and you will be able to quench your thirst easily.
You can even open the mouth of the bottle to clean the interior. Also, suppose you want to add ice to the water or any protein shake powder. In that case, you have to open the entire mouth by rotating it in the anticlockwise direction.
- It is highly durable, thanks to the construction material
- Has a tapered body section for better grip
- Has enough internal space to store water for the rest of your journey.
- No mesh filter is present at the mouth of the water bottle
5. Fariox Spray Water Bottle
Having a colour combination of grey with sky blue, the water bottle has amazing looks. It’s not only stylish from the interiors but also quite helpful due to the internal construction.
For example, a spray mist outlet can produce a liquid jet in a mist form by applying a small amount of pressure. In addition, the mouth of the bottle is quite big, thereby allowing you to insert ice cubes, protein powder using a large scoop, or anything else.
One of the product’s best features is that it comes with two flap closures- one for the drinking nozzle and one for the spray nozzle. Hence, you won’t get confused between the two openings while using the water bottle. In addition, thanks to the internal volume, the bottle can store around 800 ml of water or any other liquid with ease.
- Comes with a special hook for attaching it with the bike’s handle
- It is made from highly durable food-grade plastic material
- You can use it to spray water on your face to cool down your temperature
- The internal liquid holding capacity could have been more
This article discussed the top five water bottles you can carry while cycling, regardless of whether you are cycling through the city roads or going on a trekking journey. All you have to do is choose the best water bottle which will meet your fluid requirements easily. Also, make sure that the product you choose has a tight and leakage-proof mouth to prevent the water from leaking through the gaps.
Do insulated water bottles work cycling?
Yes, if the water bottle is insulated, you won’t have to worry about the ice-cold water getting hot under the sun.
How much water should be in a cycling water bottle?
For cycling, the maximum water limit that you can carry is one litre or 1000 ml. In case you want to carry more water, you will have to use two water bottles.
How do cyclists keep water cool?
For keeping the water cool, either add ice cubes into the bottle or keep it in a place that doesn’t receive direct sunlight.