Indian Cyclists Network

When you go for one day long ride, which is close to or more than 100 km (round trip), on mostly flat tarmac roads, what do you come prepared with and what a new comer can expect. There can be lots of parameters involved based on the type of ride, but still please give your valuable inputs.

(Kindly copy and paste the below section it in your feedback to keep the feedback structure standard)

Type of bike used (M - MTB / R - RoadBike):
Average riding speed (km/h):
Min / Max at a stretch pedaling (kms):
Min / Max rest time in between:
Type of clothing for upper body:
Type of clothing for lower body:
Protective gears (helmets, etc.):
Type of quick snacks during ride, such as nuts, etc?:
Type of refreshment drinks, such as water, lemonade:
Tools to carry:

Kindly add additional parameter, as needed.

Thanks.

Views: 8409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since yesterday and till today upto 5pm we were on the run and completed 217 km stretch cycling. All we did was having confidence on you and your bike, preparedness like eatables like nuts and fruits, stoppages for break fast, lunch, night hault etc. Navigation was important. After riding 99 km we haunlted in a gh. Next day started early in the morning at 6"45 -and rode 119 kms on the other side, reached safely.
Great ride Moorthi , please let me know the average speed of riding alone. That will help others to plan the distance in terms of time. Last week I did 116 km ( to and fro) at average speed of riding around 26 km. I want to know how much it will take for 200+ kms. Thank you

Type of bike used (M - MTB / R - RoadBike): Road bike
Average riding speed (km/h): 20-24Kms
Min / Max at a stretch pedaling (kms): 55Kms
Min / Max rest time in between: 5-10 mins as when needed. (after 55kms - 20 mins)
Type of clothing for upper body: Tshirt
Type of clothing for lower body: Regular sports shorts (as I have Gel seat cover).
Protective gears (helmets, etc.): Gloves, Arm warmers, Sun glasses.
Type of quick snacks during ride, such as nuts, etc?: Bananas, Potato chips (Salt helps)
Type of refreshment drinks, such as water, lemonade: Water
Tools to carry: I dont carry any.

I track my rides on Strava app (free version) using GPS. Best app - do check it out.

Type of bike used (M - MTB / R - RoadBike): M
Average riding speed (km/h): 24-27 km/hour
Min / Max at a stretch pedaling (kms): 40-50 ( based on terrain)
Min / Max rest time in between: 10-15 mins ( should not get warmed down, even 5 mins will do in winter)
Type of clothing for upper body: skin fit warmer and a T shirt on it ( maintains the body temp uniformly and protects from skin tanning)
Type of clothing for lower body: padded inner ( must ) a shorts with side pockets ( not loose)
Protective gears (helmets, etc.): helmets / cap, gogles
Type of quick snacks during ride, such as nuts, etc?: banana, electrol, lemonade (salt and sugar), water bottle with stand.
Tools to carry: torch ( with electric shock option if you go in wildlife areas) , horn, power bank, thin rope( trekking rope- if you go alone), spare shocks, multi tool kit, puncture kit, portable pump, one tube, purse, mobile with stand, lock, sunscreen, small soap and small towel. ( together it weighs 2kg, all these items are very handy many a times)
- never take long rides with poor tyres
- check for air pressure every 25kms
- shoes with soft inner sol (gel) will make a difference in blood circulation to toes.

Hi ,

Type of bike used (M - MTB / R - RoadBike): R
Average riding speed (km/h): 22-25 kmph
Min / Max at a stretch pedaling (kms): 50-60
Min / Max rest time in between: 10 mins
Type of clothing for upper body: Cycling jersey
Type of clothing for lower body: Padded cycling shorts
Protective gears (helmets, etc.):  Helmet
Type of quick snacks during ride, such as nuts, etc?: chocolate bars in the back pocket of the jersey
Type of refreshment drinks, such as water, lemonade: Two bottles of water mixed with salt and sugar
Tools to carry : One spare tube ,tire levers , patch kit , lock , volini , money , AIR PUMP

I like it.

I carry an 800ml water bottle with water.
I don't eat on my rides. Use t-shirt type clothing etc.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Amit Bhowmik.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service